Saturday, January 16, 2010

Growing by leaps and bounds!

Here are the babies at 13 weeks! We were not scheduled for an ultrasound that day. Our doctor is a little crazy, but in a very good way. We went in for our 13 week check up and when they went to check the heartbeats (listen to them), we could only here one. The doctor said that was completely normal because of the twins. As our doctor was listening for the heartbeats, I got so emotional that he (our doctor) started laughing and told me how adorable that was. He asked me if I wanted to see them and I couldn't say anything, so I just shook my head to say yes. As I was sitting up he was telling us where to go to wait for the ultrasound machine to come open. I left everything in the room (i can't remember ANYTHING these days!!). I was talking with the doctor in the lobby, I asked Justin to go back and get my stuff in the room. The doctor walked back to make sure Justin found his way back and stopped Justin. He saw Justin with all of my stuff and said to him "Get used to it man. This is your role from now on. Your role is to carry the shit. So, go carry the shit!" Justin didn't tell me this till after we left and I laughed so hard I couldn't breath. Like I said, he's a little crazy. I don't think he can help it since he is from Barbados but lived in England almost his entire life.
The picture can not even capture what the ultrasound was like at that moment. I, of course, cried some more when we heard and saw the heart beats again. Music to my ears. Then I cried some more when the tech told us that both babies heartbeats were identical at 162 beats per minute. The baby on the left is our "chilled" child. I say this one takes after Justin (lol). The baby on the right can not stay still. Hmmmmm, I wonder who this one takes after. The baby on the right is facing towards the screen as if he/she knew there was a camera on her/him.
Other than me crying and my memory fading, all four of us (I have to include Justin) are doing great. My labs are perfect and I'm in great health, as are the twins.
I have to brag on my wonderful husband and give him the credit he deserves. Justin has been so amazing through all of this. He has cleaned, cooked, done laundry, and yes he has even driven all over the city for me to get me what I crave! I am very blessed to have him as my husband and can't wait for him to be a daddy. He is so excited!! I am just now showing to where it doesn't look like I have a beer belly and getting bigger everyday. Justin comes home everyday and rubs my belly and every morning he will text me to see how I feel. Every night before we go to bed, he rubs my stomach and talks about how excited he is. He is going to be such a great Dad!!


And more crying as I type this.

No comments:

Post a Comment