Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's a ...............................................

Justin and I went to the doctor yesterday for a check-up.  It was a regularly scheduled check-up. So, that meant no ultrasound, no blood work, or extra tests to do.  We were very eager to find out the sex and I am far enough along now to be able to tell the sex of the baby.  After the heartbeat check and my doctor giving me the thumbs up on everything, he asked us if we were going to find out what this one was.  I said very eagerly, "YES!"  He then said sarcastically, "Do you want to find out today?"  I didn't even give him a chance to finish his sentence and said "YES!"  So, we followed him back to the ultrasound tech and she was so sweet to take time and let us know the sex.  It was very clear that we are having............
A

GIRL!!!!

We are thrilled about this.  We will have 3 girls under the age of 2 in our house at one point.  OH DEAR!! People kept asking me up until today if I could tell what it was.  The truth is, I had NO idea and I could not compare this ONE to my last pregnancy of TWO.  I can tell you one thing, though.  This little chick is one laid back kid so far.  With the girls, they were constantly on the move 24/7, starting at 15 weeks and all the way to the day they were born!!! I don't know if it was because they were fighting for room or because they were/are just so active.  Probably a mixture of both. 

The little beauty is already a chunk weighing in at 9 ounces (the average is 5 ounces at this stage).  She has a strong, fast, and healthy heartbeat.  I bet she'll weigh as much as both of the girls did together.  There is one thing for sure, mama is not putting down the sweets. 

The other great part about this pregnancy is that I have 3 dear friends that are also pregnant with me.  I am due February 16th, one friend is due on March 10th, another on April 1st, and the other due on April 16th.  We get to complain, get bigger, and daydream all together.  That sounds so cheesy but it is so exciting.  It was nice to have someone to go through my last pregnancy with and our kids are one week a part to the day and time. 

Please continue to pray that we and my other friends have healthy pregnancies and deliveries.  God has given us two healthy and ACTIVE girls and we want another healthy baby.  Now, on to the name game.

P.S.  Also, please keep my half brother, Stan, and his family in your prayers.  His beautiful and wonderful mother passed away last week after a 10 month battle with pancreatic cancer.  She was an amazing woman who always made you feel welcome and right at home.  She will be missed dearly. 


1 comment: