Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pray Please

Please say a prayer for my Daddy.  He went back to the doctor today and the doctor told him he will have a heart cath tomorrow morning (April 1st).  The doctor was very optimistic about there not being anything abnormal, but it's still a "surgical" procedure on my Daddy.  Please pray that they do not find any blockage and everything comes back with normal results.  Also, please keep Justin's Great Grandmother (Granny Lacy) in your prayers.  Mrs. Darlene told me this weekend that she was put back in the hospital.  She's a tough woman but hates being there.  Please pray for Jusitn's Grandfather (Paw Paw), also.  He is doing better and we hope he stays on that path for a long time.   


Also, Justin and I went to the doctor yesterday for our 24 week check up and gestational diabetes test.  First of all when we got to the doctor's office I went to the desk to sign in, something I have done a thousand times before.  I signed in and turned around to go sit down.  The nurse called me back and asked me what doctor I was seeing today. There is a place on the sign in sheet for the doctor that you are seeing.  Well, I asked her if I wrote his name and I looked down and all I wrote was "Doctor Doctor."  I guess that you had to be there to appreciate the moment.  The entire office died laughing, along with my supportive husband. 


Moving on.  Dr. G said I am measuring at 28 weeks but i'm 24 weeks.  WOW!!! It's all very comical right now.  We heard the heartbeats and this was the first time that we could hear 2 VERY distinct heartbeats.  Music to my EARS!!  Both girls are doing great with fast and strong heartbeats.  I was disappointed when Dr. G told me that my nurse of 3 years (she was his nurse for 11 years) decided to go home and call it quits with the medical field.  She was amazing and always made me feel so comfortable.  My new nurse is amazing, too.


We still have not heard back on the results from the gestational diabetes test.  However, my new nurse (Tracy) told me that I need to cut back on my salt intake because i'm already swelling and not to mention I have gained 10 more pounds!!!!  I knew our scale at home was not broken.  She even made me get on it twice to make sure their scale was not wrong.  Turns out that the girls love to eat!!!  All I can do now is keep my humor about it.  Keep praying for everyone and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment