Friday, September 10, 2010

Bitter Sweet

Well, I started back to work this week.  People keep asking me if I'm sad to leave the babies or excited to get away.  The truth is it's bitter sweet.  I miss them so much during the day while I'm working but am relaxed at the same time because I get a break and I know that they are in wonderful hands!! 


Today I left work early to take the girls to the doctor for their 8 week check-up and shots :-(.  The check-up went great.  They both weigh 11 lbs 4 oz and Allie is 23 1/4 inches and Olivia is 23 inches long.  They are growing so fast!  People really are right when they say that.  After Dr. Adams checked them out and said they look perfect and healthy the room seemed to close in.  The nurse walked in with her caddy of needles and band-aids.  I felt my heart stop for a minute.  We put each of the girls down and Olivia (being our drama queen of the two) went NUTS!!!!!! I have never seen a baby so upset and I could not stand it.  It broke my heart so bad and I have tears just thinking about it now.  Allie was up next and she got upset but not as bad as Ms. Drama Queen.  They both did fine and fell asleep on the way home from all of the excitement. 


In this picture you can see their battle wounds with the brightly colored Tiger band-aids.  They both seemed to like the band-aids because of the bright color.  I'm not looking forward to our second round in November.  All of that aside the girls are doing great and are so happy!


We had an amazing milestone last Friday on my Daddy's 60th birthday.  We went home for his birthday party and on his birthday last Friday we were grilling out on the back porch.  Daddy and Whit were taking pictures of the girls and Allie did something we have been waiting for............................She LAUGHED and SMILED for the very first time ever!! Olivia has been doing this for about 2 weeks already but we were so excited to see Allie, too.  Whitney got some amazing pictures of them both smiling and laughing.  This may seem like a small thing to some but it was so exciting to us and a great birthday present for Daddy. 


Allie on the left and Olivia on the right! My happy babies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment