Thursday, February 3, 2011

Allie gets sick

It is never fun to have a sick child.  Allie got her first cold this week.  Justin took her to the doctor Wednesday morning and her diagnosis was a cold.  Even though it seems much worse to me, I am assured that it is just a viral thing, a.k.a., a cold.  I wish I could take the cold for her.  She has been so pitiful.  Yesterday she stayed on Mae Mae's chest all day.  This is not like Allie.  She likes to play and explore on the play mat and in her walker.  Her eyes were swollen and red with a low grade fever all day.  This morning she woke up happy and no FEVER!!!!! YAY! Mae Mae stayed with us last night to help out.  I don't know what I would do without her.  I thank God everyday for her.  She is an ANGEL sent from above.  The girls love her so much and so do their mommy and daddy.

When Allie was born we discovered that she has a condition called trachea malacia (I hope I spelled and said this correctly), which means softening of and organ or tissue.  In Allie's case, she has malacia of her trachea, which means her trachea is not completely firm or strong enough yet.  This makes her sound asthmatic when she breaths.  Our pediatrician and other doctors have assured us that she will grow out of this and it does not hurt her or bother her.  It sounds much better than it used to sound.  We used to be able to hear her breathing from across the house at night and over time it has gotten so much better.  You only notice it when you are feeding her or sitting very close to her now.  Since Allie has this it makes it worse when she has a cold or congestion.  It magnifies the sound.  I am taking her to an E.N.T. tomorrow morning just to ease my mind and make sure everything is okay with her. 

Say a prayer that Allie gets to feeling better and that Olivia does not get sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment