Thursday, December 16, 2010

First Ear Infection

I thought it wouldn't happen.  I thought to myself, "They aren't going to daycare so they won't get ear infections or get sick as much as other babies that do go to daycare."  WRONG! Agghhh, the journey of parenthood.  Just when you think things are going good, or in our case "normal", God throws a curve ball.  That is perfectly fine.  I'll take all the humps in the rode just as long as I get to have my babies with me.  

I took Olivia to the doctor this morning to check on her ear.  She hasn't had any fever, no congestion, nothing out of the ordinary.  A few days ago she was pushing her ear to her shoulder as if she had to constantly scratch it.  Enough was enough. I was concerned this morning when she was very fussy.  That is not like Olivia in the mornings.  Morning time is her favorite time.  So, I threw a diaper bag together, put her in some clothes, hunted for my keys (which I couldn't find because Justin accidentally took them this morning) and headed out (once I got the extra set.)  After waiting for an hour, the NP came in and diagnosed Olivia with an ear infection in the left ear and the right one irritated and red.  Oh, I forgot to mention that they weighed her.  Wait for it................this chunk weighed in at 18.9LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Holy cow batman!  What can I say, the girl loves to eat and the holidays are here.  We all put on a pound or twelve during the holidays.   The NP wrote us an RX and we got outta there.  She is at home and doing fine.  Pray that my other precious angel does not get sick. 

An update on Allie-gator (love that little nickname).  I don't want to jinks it, but she is sleeping through the night and growing awesome.  She loves her sweet potatoes, buddy.  And oh boy does she love her daddy.  She knows when he gets home.  If I'm holding her and he comes in and hears him, she will contort her body just so she can lay her beautiful blue eyes on him.  I love her smile, too.  When  she smiles she scrunches up her nose and her entire face smiles.  It will melt your heart. 

One last thing.  I love being a mommy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment