Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bitter Sweet

I wasn't sure if I was going to post about this or not, but I have decided to do so since this blog is our "scrapbook" of memories.  A friend emailed me shortly after I posted the last post and saw where the student gave me Vampire Tigger.  She read that the student said "I am going to miss you a lot."  She wanted to know what he meant by that.  Well,  We have not told many people about this but here it goes.  I am leaving my current job at Houston Academy this week.  I turned in my resignation last week and this Friday, Ocotber 21st, which turns out is my birthday, will be my last day.  There have been many things that have weighed in on our decision for me to leave H.A.  The school is amazing and I have made some wonderful friends and relationships with staff members.  I have also fallen in love with the parents and my students.  The saddest part is leaving my students.  Some of them understand and some do not.   It was a total shock to my Principal and Head Master and to many of the teachers and families.  They all want an answer to the question, WHY?  Though, it is a personal matter and our decision is private, all I can say is that sometimes things in life take a different route.

I will treasure the memories I have made at H.A. and how wonderful H.A. has been to me for the past 2 years.  I will miss my lunches with our lunch bunch, my lunch buddy, Ashley, and my close friends that helped me with everything and let me vent about anything and everything.  I will also miss my pregnant buddies, Kristy and Ashley.  I loved comparing stories of pregnancies and baby stories.

On a different note, we are taking the girls trick or treating for the first time this year with our friends Lauren, Brad, and Madalyn and my Mom is making their costumes.  The girls are going to be M & M's and I'm going to be the M & M with a pretzel inside (get it, I'm pregnant).  That was Lauren's idea and I loved it.  We have not decided what Justin's role in the M & M theme will be yet, so if you have any suggestions, bring 'em.  Stay tuned for pictures. 

Have a great week!! 

1 comment: