Monday, January 23, 2012

18 Months and a False Alarm

First things first.  Allie and Olivia are approaching 19 months old.  WOW! Time has flown.  They went for their 18 month check up today and here are their stats:

Allie
Height: 34 1/8 inches
Weight: 26 lbs
Head: 46 cm

Olivia
Height:  35 inches
Weight: 28 lbs
Head:  47 cm

A few other exciting milestones and accomplishments both girls can do:
  • Color like crazy
  • Climb like a mountain climber on EVERYTHING!!!
  • Eat with forks and spoons
  • Hop over things while screaming "HOP!"
  • Speak in very well put together sentences
  • Identify certain colors
  • Identify certain animals
  • Identify sounds with the animals
  • Dance like its going out of style
  • Find certain body parts on themselves and mommy and daddy (i.e. belly button, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, etc.)
  • Climb in and out of the car by themselves AND climb in and out of their car seats!!!! Thank the LORD!!!!!
  • And much, much more
These may seem trivial or small to some of you but to mommy and daddy it means that we are doing something right! We cannot take all of the credit, though.  Our nanny, Mary Ann, is our life savor.  She spends all day with the girls and teaches them so much.  We couldn't make it through the day without her.  We love her SO much and so do the girls.  She has taught Allie and Olivia so much in the past 18 months and has been my 3rd, 4th, 5th, and even 6th hand around here. 


NEXT............................
We had a bit of a scare/false alarm today.  Last night Justin had to work so I went to bed early (around 9).  I laid in bed with so much discomfort that I could not fall asleep.  It took me hours to finally go to sleep, but that sleep was not deep at all.  I texted Justin and told him how I was in pain.  He gave me some words of encouragement and made me feel better.  I awoke this morning just feeling........well, more than uncomfortable.  I ran through the morning routine like I always do but this time I felt worse than ever.  I chalked it up to stress, lack of sleep, a long weekend, work today, and two toddlers ready to start the day. 

I got to work and it was a typical day in the life of a teacher.  I taught, made parent phone calls, graded papers, broke up a fight and a half, taught some more, and then after lunch came my last class............MATH.  All students' favorite subject, right?  I had been having constant pain every 10-20 minutes with sweating and everything else that goes along with braxton hicks.  I got my aid to cover my class while I waddled/quickly walked to my Principals office.  Got the okay to leave and jetted out the door to pick up Justin and got to the doctor.  We weren't scheduled til 4:00 today but he wanted me to come in anyway.  Since we were early today, we didn't get our ultrasound because the rooms were all full.  Maybe next week.  Anyway, Dr. G checked to see if I was dilated.  He said I wasn't even close, but I am having REAL contractions.  UGH!!!! He called me in some meds and ordered me to rest from work for a few days.  I took the meds and said "yeah right" to the rest from work thing. 

Even though I am at ease knowing that Lillian won't be coming tonight or hopefully before Feb. 10th, I did realize how much I am behind on certain things.  I have been working on those things tonight and plan to finish getting everything ready before the weekend approaches.  Please pray that we will make it until Feb.10th.  I am very ready to meet this spunky gal but want her to be as healthy as she can be at the same time for her due date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment