Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas: Round two and the Zoo

My Mom and Step Dad came to spend Christmas with us this past weekend.  We had a great time.  We always do.  Every time my Mom and I get together reminds me of how much like her I am.  The girls racked up yet again with a doctors kit, clothes, and the best of all......................DVD players!!!!!  The girls had a great time opening gifts and love their doctors kits.  They go around giving shots to EVERYTHING and checking heartbeats on EVERYTHING.  Thanks Mom and Dennis!!!!!

Mom trying out the tunnel

I promise my children wear pants.  They just woke up from their nap and were too excited to put on pants for the camera.  A and O opening their presents from Mom and Dennis.

The girls got zebra slippers with pink fur on them.  These were a huge hit, especially since they are OBSESSED with shoes.



Doctor kits.

Doctor Allie and Doctor Olivia in action

We have yet to even start on Lillian's room.  Well, the "nesting" syndrome hit hard this weekend after I almost had a panic attack when realizing she will be here in less than 6 weeks (5 weeks and 2 days to be exact.)  Before Mom and Dennis left, we cleared out the guest bedroom in hopes of tackling the nursery this week.  We have picked out paint samples and are painting little bit by little bit this week.  I plan to paint while Justin is at work, after the girls go to sleep.  Right now, Lillian's room is currently being used as a "play room" for the girls.  They LOVE this room.  We put their HUGE ladybug tent and other toys in there and they spend tons of time in there just playing.  Please pray that we will have Lillian's room ready for her by the time she gets here.  I'm getting very nervous.

Today, Justin and I took the girls to the Zoo. This is something that I have looked forward to for a VERY long time.  We met up with my Aunt Debra at the Zoo and had a great time visiting and watching the girls reactions.  We have been working on their animal sounds and they are so stinking smart.  I know everyone says that about their kids, but ours girls truly amaze me for their age (18 months on Jan. 7th) at what they can retain.  Anyway, here are some pictures of today at the Zoo. 
Allie before we left this morning.  She loves to say "cheese" when I pull out my camera.  What a HAM. 

Olivia was very much into eating and not posing so early

The first exhibit; the birds.  The girls loved the birds.  The Zoo keepers were feeding them at this time so we got to see more than usual. 

A (left) and O (right)
It was very chilly this morning

They loved the monkeys

This little guy walked right up to us and starting talking to the girls.

Allie was very curious about the swan

They thought the chimps were SO funny.  Olivia was trying to get out of the stroller to play with them.

As I look back at 2011, we have so many things to thank God for.  I am going to continue to thank Him everyday for my amazing husband, my two (almost three) perfect children, our loving and wonderful families, and most importantly His faith in Justin and me to raise his children. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment