Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Exploration

The girls have been very curious about their bodies lately.  Today, we have found our belly buttons.  The girls have walked around over half of the day with their shirts up pointing to their belly buttons and trying to say "belly button."  This morning, Olivia came over to me while I was on the phone and tried to push up my shirt to find mine.  When I got off the phone, I knelt down for her to find mine.  What she found was perplexing.  She looked at my stomach (which by the way is not a pretty sight at this point), looked up at me, looked at her stomach, looked back at me and cocked her head to the side and babbled something I could not understand and then ran away.  Exploration.

Later this afternoon Justin, Allie, Olivia, and I were in the living room and Olivia came up to me and attempted to "explore" my tummy for my belly button again.  She lifted my shirt and as clear as day pointed, looked into my eyes, and yelled, "BALL!"  I guess she has been thinking about this all day.  Justin and I died laughing as it does look like I have swallowed a basketball.  Exploration.

I have been very fortunate with both pregnancies to not have gained a ton of weight ( I'm going to be honest and document this so that I can look back and give my children the accurate details.  I gained 34 pounds with the twins and so far 26 pounds with Lillian).  Even though I feel like a whale, I cannot complain a whole lot.  So when my 18 month old child points at my belly and yells, "BALL" I guess I should be very happy to hear that rather than something else.

5 weeks and 1 day until we add #3 to our growing family.  I go back to the doctor next week and then once a week until the big day.  So far Lillian Claire is doing very well and growing fast.  She is BIG, ladies and gentlemen. I am very ready to meet her and so is her Daddy.  Please keep praying that all continues to go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment