Thursday, October 7, 2010

An all nighter

Hallelujah!!!!! Last night was the first night that Allie slept ALL night.  By all night I mean from 8:30 to 7:00 this morning!!!  Olivia has been sleeping through the night for a few weeks now but Allie jumped on the band wagon last night.  I woke up this morning thinking that it was between 1:00 am and 3:00 am (the usual time Allie gets up for a bottle) but looked at the clock and to my surprise it was 5:56 am.  I laid there for a second trying to comprehend what time it was and wonder if Justin or I got up in the middle of the night to feed her.  NOPE! Justin woke up when he felt me sit up in bed and said "Did Allie sleep all night?"  We both couldn't believe it.  I went in their nursery to check on them (I have to admit that I was a little scared).  When I very quietly and carefully (anyone with babies knows that you proceed with caution around a sleeping baby) entered their room I found them both snoozing away.  Allie was snoring up a storm and Olivia was sacked out.  I couldn't help but stand there and watch them sleep, as if I don't ever see them.  Justin walked in and stood there with me.  We just stood there together and watched our beautiful girls sleep like angels.  They slept for about another hour (long enough for me to shower and get ready for work) and then woke up at 7:00 am.  WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!  When I left this morning they were playing and talking  (babbling).  I miss them so much. 

With this said I hope I don't jinks our luck for tonight.  I think the reason she slept all night is because she moved up an ounce during feedings.  We are at 5 ounces per feeding.  They are still eating about every 3 hours.  Olivia stays awake all day and does not like to nap.  It kills her to take a nap.  She fights it so bad and does not want to miss a thing.  When she does fall asleep, it's not for long (maybe 30-45 minutes).  Allie loves to sleep.  She is very laid back, just like her Daddy.  She has been staying awake a little bit more during the day but last night she was up for a while before bed time.  Normally she takes a little nap an hour before bed.  This helped her sleep all night last night.

We have gotten on a GREAT schedule.  We play in the afternoon when I get home, the girls eat at 5:00 pm, play some more and relax while I cook dinner.  After Justin and I eat we play some more or swing in their swings (we have so many things in our den it looks like an amusement park).  At 8:00 we take our baths (it usually takes about 10-15 minutes to bath each girl and dress them in their jamies), put on our pj's, get cozy and take their last bottle.  We rock them until they are half asleep and put them down.  They are getting better at putting themselves to sleep after we rock them for a little while.  This has been a work in progress and is working really good right now.  YAY!!!  After Justin and I put them down for the night we do the nightly ritual......wash bottles, make formula, prepare bottles, wash clothes, fold clothes, etc.  With as busy as we are I would not change one thing! 

Pray that everyone has another GREAT night!!!

WE ARE 3 MONTHS OLD TODAY!!!!!!!!!
Allie yesterday afternoon when I got home from work. 
Allie (R) this morning.  You can't see what her shirt says but it says "I'm New Here"

Olivia (below) this morning.  Read her shirt! She is trying so hard to roll over.  Both girls are, but Olivia is going to do this any day now.
Olivia (L) and Allie (R) yesterday after a wardrobe change from poopy diapers and spit up.

 Olivia (L) and Allie (R) when I got home yesterday.
 Allie.  This smile makes me grin all day.
Allie

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment