Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dear Allie and Olivia

I was not real sure if I wanted to post this but the more I thought about it I wanted to.  This is a letter that I wrote to the girls so that they could read it when they got older.  I cried the entire time I wrote this.  This is for my girls that I love and adore.

Dear Allie and Olivia,

                                    Words are not enough to tell you how much I love you girls. You are my life and my heart. Your father and I went through a lot of battles to get you girls here. You will never know the amount of pain and tears we shed to get you here and pray that you girls never have to go through anything like that. If I could I would bear the burden of any sadness or pain that you will endure throughout your life.
                  You girls are so very precious and are loved so much by everyone. Throughout your lives you will endure hardships and cry. Don’t worry, I will be there along with your Father to comfort you and help you through what ever it may be. It’s a big world out there and you will have ups and downs. Believe me, your Father and I have been through them. I want you girls to know that you will always be loved more than you know and surrounded by family and friends that love you.
                  I want the very best for the both of you and will do everything in my power to see that happens. I want to spoil you rotten, kiss and hug you nonstop, and smother you with attention. One day you won’t want me to do these things, but for the time being I am going to do as much of this as I can.
                  Throughout my childhood, my parents (your Gandi and Mimi) were amazing parents. They went above and beyond for me and allowed me to be my own person. In allowing me to be my own person, they also instilled the importance of Faith in God. I pray that you girls will always keep your Faith strong and love the Lord our God with all of your heart and soul. God has blessed me with the two of you and you all are a true blessing.
                    I love you both unconditionally and wish the very best for your life. I will be there for you when you take your first step, say your first word, fall down for the first time, get your first boo-boo, go to school for the first time, make an “A” on your first test, make a bad grade on your first test, learn your abc’s, make your first best friend, go through middle school (hormones-haha), get your first kiss, go on your first date, get your first boyfriend, cheerleading, band, sports, graduate from high school, move on to college, graduate from college, meet your husband, start your own family, and raise your family.
                  When your Father and I met I knew he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, have a family with, and grow old with. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t thank God for him and our marriage. He has taught me things and brought out things in me that I never knew I had inside of me. He is an amazing man and I am truly blessed that God put him in my life. He will make you laugh, make you do your homework, push you to be your best, chase away boyfriends, dress up in princess costumes, have tea parties with you, teach you to ride a bike, sing to you, and most importantly instill the value you of love, family, honesty, and faith. Let him be the man in your life that does everything for you and with you.
                  Your Grandparents are a huge part of your life and always will be. They will spoil you, defend you, and love you always. They will let you get away with murder, hide things from your Father and me, let you eat candy after you have brushed your teeth, stay up past your bed time, mismatch your outfits, buy you EVERYTHING you desire, and will take the time to listen to you about your day and what you did. Your Grandparents have been so supportive of your Father and me all of our lives. They have given us their opinions and advice, saw us go through good and bad things, and most importantly showed us what family is all about.
                   Your Aunts and Uncles are a fun part of your life. Again, they will spoil you to the core and also let you get away with murder. They are the cool aunts and uncles every other child wishes they had. They will take you to concerts, teach you to be cool, help with any crisis you may be going through, and love you unconditionally. They will be the ones you that you call when you want advice on how to get out of cleaning your room or getting us to say yes to something when we have already said no a hundred times. Enjoy them being there for you and appreciate the bond you will form with them.
                    This letter is a small reminder of what is in store for the two of you. Remember, life will get tough but it will also be fun. Remember to always keep your Faith and love your Lord God. Remember that your Father is a blessing from God and will always be there for you. Remember that your Grandparents are more than Grandparents, they are the reason your Father and I are here and the reason you two are here. Remember that your Aunts and Uncles will always be cool and “hip” and to let them also guide you in the right path. Lastly, remember to let us be your friends but also your parents and let us be there to love and support you always.


                   I love you girls more than you will ever know and cannot wait to watch you grow and develop over the years. You are my heart and my world. I love you both.


With Love,


Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment