Friday, October 22, 2010

A Birthday to Remember

 This is what Maryann (our nanny) had for me yesterday morning before I left for work.  In addition to this delicious muffin she sang me happy birthday.  She is so sweet.  Thank you Maryann!

In addition to my birthday, we had a very exciting milestone.  Allie Rolled over yesterday evening before Justin took me out to dinner.!!!!!!  Justin was in the shower and I was holding Olivia.  We were sitting on a pallet on the floor watching Allie play with the activity mat (their favorite).  All of the sudden, it was like slow motion, Allie rolled on to her side and then kept going.  I jumped up and started screaming like a mad person.  I ran into the bathroom and shouted at Justin to come and see.  Of course, she didn't do it again.  Oh well.  That was the best birthday present ever and a birthday to remember!!!  Way to go ALLIE!!

Meet Nurse Andrea.  This is the amazing Nurse that I spoke about earlier in the blog when we were attending birthing classes.  We have kept in touch since our class ended.  Andrea called me last week and asked if she could come over and babysit and give me a break.  Well, I jumped at that opportunity and was not going to let that get away.  I called her back ASAP and told her to come over the night of my birthday so that Justin and I could go to dinner.  Boy did we have a nice time.  Don't get me wrong, I love my babies but sometimes you need that "quiet" time with your husband.  I have to admit that I did think about them the entire time.  I did not call to check on them because I knew they were in great hands.   Before we left for dinner, the girls were trying to go to sleep.  Not a good thing when you have them on a schedule.  When we returned from dinner Andrea was sitting on the couch with the girls trying to keep them both awake.  Bless her heart!  She had a time keeping them awake.  Thank you Andrea for staying with the girls and giving us a break.  Come back ANYTIME!! LOL


Andrea with Olivia on the left and Allie on the right.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Late Birthday! Hope you enjoyed your day! I love seeing the pictures of the girls.

    ReplyDelete